Thursday, March 20, 2008

Stumbling over Gold


I went looking for the email address of Jennifer 8. Lee, a reporter for the New York Times. I wanted it because I wanted to ask a question about The Fortune Cookie Chronicles, a great little book I'm reviewing for the April Issue of The Internet Review of Books.

I didn't expect to find it. Whenever I've contacted a Times reporter previously, I've noticed that there is an mechanism that does not reveal personal email addresses.

But while browsing the Times site, I found a wonderful resource: The New York Times Newsroom Navigator.

Researching? Check out some of the links you'll find on this great page:

  • Fifteen web search tools.
  • Collections for Journalists, both government and nongovernment.
  • Telephone and email directories.
  • Publications on the Net.
  • Political Resources.
  • Travel, Entertainment, Sports, and Recreation.

No comments: