Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New Director at Erma Bombeck Writer's Workshop


From the Erma Bombeck Writer's Workshop newsletter ...

Two candidates told us this fall that change was coming. What they didn’t say was that they were really talking about the Erma Bombeck Writers’ Workshop. As some of you know, longtime workshop director Tim Bete has moved from a part-time to a full-time position with St. Mary Development Corp. ... Moving to full time means a decrease in much of his freelance work, including that with the Erma Bombeck Writers’ Workshop.

So, Tim asked your humble narrator to step in. Tim is an enormous help to me as I move into the workshop director’s role and we begin planning the next workshop, scheduled for April 2010 ... I’ve been a frequent workshop attendee and pitched in behind the scenes as Tim put past conferences together. In my Clark Kent day job, I’m a writer and editor for UD’s alumni publications. Once upon a time, I thought I'd get a Ph.D. in Irish lit., but all kinds of funny things happened there. You can reach me at erma@udayton.edu.



Read the complete newsletter here.

No comments: