Friday, April 17, 2009

Allow Me to Introduce Myself!

Hello there! Allow me to introduce myself! I'm Eric Petersen, administrator of Prose-P, the Internet Writing Workshop's critiquing list dedicated to the crafts of flash fiction and prose poetry. Today, I embark on a whole new role - blogmeister for the Workshop. Though my essays have appeared here, I've never run a blog before. This will be a learning experience for both of us, one I hope will prove to be mutually enlightening.

I would like to thank my fellow administrator Gary Presley for all of his hard work in creating and maintaining this blog, and making it what it is today - a great resource for all of us. I'd also like to thank Gary for giving me the opportunity to be your new blogmeister. I will strive to maintain his standards of excellence while bringing my own perspective and ideas to the blog.

First and foremost, I would like make the blog as interactive as possible. Want to comment on a particular post? Please feel free to click on Comments and put in your two cents. Do you have an essay you'd like to contribute? A link to an interesting website dealing with the craft of writing? E-mail me and I'll put it up. Of course, our publishing successes will still be posted, as will the Practice exercises.

Now that we've been properly introduced, it's time for me to take the helm. The waters may be unfamiliar to me at first, but with your help, I see nothing but smooth sailing ahead.

Let the journey begin.

1 comment:

Jody Ewing said...

Welcome to your new role as blogmeister, Eric! Considering the great job you've done on the other IWW lists, I suspect you'll do just fine here. Looking forward to your posts!

And thank you, Gary, for all the hard work you've put into making this blog such a great writer's resource. You've laid a solid foundation on which Eric can build. Also hope you'll continue to post here every now and again; always enjoyed your thoughtful entries!