Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Our Members' Writing Success~



Emprise Review, which publishes some of my favorite flashers, has accepted "Checkout" for its March issue. Thanks to all on the fiction list who helped with this story.
---


During the Sunday matinee performance on November 21, the Carmen, Arizona Opera in Phoenix had me sign my novel (whose plot features Carmen) at their bookstore. The bookstore will continue to offer my book for sale.
---


My review of A Miracle Boy and Other Stories by Pinckney Benedict will appear in Rain Taxi Book Review.
---

Jeannette Angell Cezanne

I am a runner-up this year for the Al Blanchard Mystery Award for my  short story, "Two Hearts That Beat As One." I'm particularly pleased  as I was friends with Al and I think he would have liked the story. It will be appearing next year in an anthology--not sure where, I'll  let you know.
---


I reviewed Buck Owens: The Biographyfor the Internet Review of Books, and it's getting an extended life as you can see hereI'm a "noted author"? Wow! I'd be interested in hearing what other readers of biographies think about knowing who said what. 
---

Patricia L. Johnson

My poem, "Lucky Mountain Dog," has been accepted for a future issue of Foliate Oak. They have online submissions and are very organized. 
---

Julie McGuire 

My review of Chevy Steven's Still Missing (fiction) is up at the IRB.
---

Sarah Morgan

My review of the latest Craig Childs book, Finders Keepers, is up at IRB. A special thanks to all on the nonfiction list who helped tweak this into its final form. All the best.
---

Eric Petersen

My review of The English Is Coming by Leslie Dunton-Downer is up on the Internet Review of Books: 
---

Gary Presley

One thing about the distinguished editor of The Camroc Press Review is that he isn't afraid to take chances. Another thing is that he knows who Robert Earl Keen, Jr. is. And so here is something (a prose-poem, maybe) inspired by REK's "Rolling By."

An odd little piece that consumed too much time finally found a home at Poor Mojo's Almanack--"Unholy Eucharist"
---


Here's another flash fiction anthology with my piece in it—"Princess on a War Horse." This is for Pen 10. Also been published by Six Sentences –"The Mysterious Dr. Ramsey." 
---

Wayne Scheer 
My story, "One Man's Priority," is up at Cynic Magazine.
---

Amit Sharma

A city theatre website has published my review of the play "Dinner With Friends." This is my first 'published' review, and my foray into writing play reviews (I now call myself an "independent art critic").
---


Thanks to the really great help critters gave me, and following an interview with author Ardis Dashiell, Rockford: A History is now live at Montana Scribbler,



No comments: