Monday, December 20, 2010

IWW Member's Publishing Success~


My 100-word drabble, "Waiting," is live and in good IWW company at Boston Literary Magazine.  Thanks to all who helped with it under a different title. ---
---

Sonora Review did an interview with me.
---

Florence Cardinal:
Health Central: Enjoying the Holidays  
---

Jeannette Angell Cezanne:
 If you're interested in historical fiction and want an inexpensive   holiday gift, click here for my new  ebook, The Crown and the Kingdom. It takes place in France and England in the decades leading up to the Hundred Years' War and is, I hope, a satisfying read. Reviews always welcomed.  In other news, a piece I wrote on the history of Provincetown (nonfiction this time) appears in this month's issue of the Cape Cod Geneaological Bulletin.

My play, Flygirls, about Amelia Earhart and Harriet Quimby, is included in Estrogenius 2009: A Celebration of Female Voices, a lovely anthology. I figure that this one is about history, too, even though it takes place in the afterlife.
---


I'm proud to share that The Dead School of Southern Literature has published another one of my little stories. That's good enough for one yahoo, but they also have a link to my piece of flash on the front page of the website. Thanks to all on the Practice list, where the story was born, and the good writers on both the Prose-P and Fiction-W list for helping me shape this story. You're comments and suggestions are a treasure. Link to website: Link to story:  (I'm not sure why they used the picture on the page with the story, it's not me or anyone I know. It's not even in the same time period of my story.)
---

Sue Ellis:
Cynic Online Magazine went live today with the 2010 Christmas story contest winners. My story, "The Apology," made honorable mention. I don't think I had this critiqued at IWW, but thanks to all the great feedback I've had for the past few years, I'm better able to edit stories myself.   Also, Skyline Magazine has selected "The Disappearance of PFC Ned Lansing" for their 2010 print edition of Skyline Review. That one was critiqued in fiction. Thanks so much for everyone who read the story and offered feedback.  
---

My flash, "Angry Loner,"is up at SFWP.      

My flash, "The Sedan," is up at Johnny America.    
---

 My review of Ingrid Betancourt's new memoir, EVEN SILENCE HAS AN END, is up on the Internet Review of Books. Betancourt said shortly after her rescue that there were things that happened in the jungle that should stay in the jungle, but her memoir tells a lot of what went on those six years she was held captive by the FARC. It was a captivating read. And, a big thank you to the nonfiction list who helped polish and find focus for the review. IWW rocks! All the best,
---

Wayne Scheer:                
Apollo's Lyre accepted my flash, "Being a Man," for their March  issue. I wrote this story for a recent Practice exercise, so thanks to the  group.    

Trying to keep pace with Barry Basden, my flash, "Mother and Daughter," is also in Boston Literary Magazine. This one began in Practice and was   recently critiqued in Fiction, so thanks to all.  for  the blog  
---

It's not Dickens but it is a Christmas story. 'Christmas at Aunt Betty's' is up at Hennen's Observer.  
---

Ben Winship:
My story "Circle Bread," which was critiqued in the fiction group is up and  Lowestoft Chronicle which is a relatively new zine with a really cool aesthetic.      
---

Michael Wright:
My haiku was selected a winner in the 2010 Punctuation Haiku Contest. The prize? a T-shirt. You can read all the winners here. Scroll down and click on "click here to read the winning haikus.
---


No comments: