Monday, December 27, 2010

Our Members' Writing Success~


Amanda Borenstadt:
My fantasy novel, Syzygy, was featured in the Indie Spotlight. As a little freebie Christmas present for my readers, I published two spin-off stories with characters from the novel.  "Rainy Day with Sam and Bea"  and "Deacon Sam"
---

Deborah Lincoln:
Finally! I get to do a Yahoo!  My novel, JABEZ, which some of you long-timers might remember, won first prize in the historical category in the Great American Novel Contest--Tag Publishers. I have NO idea if this is a big deal, or how many entries there were, but it comes with a $75 check. The Pacific Northwest Writers Association advertised the contest, so I'm thinking it may be a good one.
---

Tom Mahony:
My story, "Time" is up at EarthSpeak Magazine.
---

M. Elaine Moore:
My short form poem, “Displaced,” was accepted at “Four and Twenty Magazine."
---

Anita Saran:
My first novel, Circe, arrived in the mail couple of days ago--three author copies. And a poster "proof' which is good enough to frame. (Thanks Clive for the poster idea). My first copy has gone to my son Siddhartha to whom the book is dedicated. When I was pregnant with him, my Creative Director warned that I would lose my creativity and I set out to prove her wrong. Siddhartha is old enough (18) to read a spoof on the Quest for Mr. Right and sex and a smattering of four letter words. He loves the book, which is good as he's a highly critical reader and wants to write a book himself. He's written a plot for a novel, which is many pages long. Yaaay! This is my third book in paperback edition and it's the best looking.
---

Wayne Scheer:
Anatomy, a new online publication, has accepted my story, "Getting  Serious," for their inaugural issue slated for March 2011. This story was critiqued in Fiction. An old story, also critiqued in Fiction, "Buddies," is up at ken*again.

Editors don't seem to have the holiday spirit.  I received a number of   rejections the past few days, but I did get one acceptance.  Rusty Typer  accepted a recent flash I wrote with the Practice group, "Is It My Fault?
---

No comments: