Monday, February 28, 2011

Our Members' Writing Success~


Peter Bernhardt:
My pitch for The Stasi File was good enough to make it to the second round of the general fiction category. On March 22, they will announce the 250 General Fiction and 250 Young Adult Fiction entries that will be continuing on to the Quarter-Finals.
-----

Pam Casto:
I got to interview Fernando Sorrentino, a highly talented writer in Argentina. His new book, Seven Conversations with Jorge Luis Borges, is now available (reprinted in English). Since I'm not proficient in Spanish, Celia Cordon-Tovar served as primary translator and Kent H. Dixon served as secondary translator, and they did an outstanding job. The interview itself is in the current issue of my newsletter, Flash Fiction Flash, and I've also published it at my blog. (I do hope you get to read it.) But the really good news is that the International Association of Crime Writers has asked to publish the interview too.
-----

Rebecca Gaffron:
It's been a good couple of weeks. I have two pieces live at the Camel Saloon: "Of Despair and Lotus Flowers" and "Of Tangles and Winter Light." These are the last in a group of four "Of" prose poems. The others are available to read in the archives at CS, just search under my name for "Of Wilderness and Philosophy" and "Of Shooting Stars and Fireflies." I also have several pieces posted at fledgling journal, Amaranthine Muses. This is a nice little spot actively looking for prose, poetry and art/photos.  
-----

Marge Hamill:
I received word today that DRG, publishers of Good Old Days, and Looking Back Magazines liked my story/memoir, "The Sawmill," and will publish it in the Aug 2011 issue of Good Old Days. I will receive a contract in April. This was one of a group of individual memoirs I wrote for my family, not really meant for publication.
-----

Jacki Massoud:
My story, "Tornado," has been published by Girls With Insurance. Thanks to everyone on the fiction list who gave me feedback on this one.
-----

Pepper Norris:
My new book, Love Potion No. 2-14, released February 1, 2011, from eTreasures Publishing, is #2 on the Best Sellers list for humorous fiction at Omni Lit, and #1 on the Highest Rated list for the same category. I'm bouncing off the walls!!! 
-----

Daryl Ouellette:
Well it seems that I have stepped across the line and become a published author.   A Kept Woman, published by Daryl Devore (my pen name), has been published by New Dawning International Bookfair.  Amazon to come later.
-----

Catherine Robinson:
A weekly paper, Canyon News, will syndicate my work starting March 6th. It serves Bel Air, Benedict Canyon, Beverly Hills. Brentwood, Laurel Canyon, Los Feliz, Malibu, Pacific Palisades, Melrose, Santa Monica, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Topanga Canyon, Westwood & Hollywood Hills.  And here's my column about hot moms from yesterday's Tampa Tribune - I apologize for the larger than life and strangely evil picture.
-----

Anita Saran:
Solstice Publishing has just sent me a contract for my 23,000-word fantasy The Choosing. I thought it would be hard to place, being a novella and a sort of female pilgrim's progress, as one reader commented. I'd thought I'd need a publisher of religious literature! I'm so glad to find that it's the story that matters in the end, not the theme as such. The publisher calls it colourful and imaginative. Thank you IWW novel list members for reading through and giving me valuable suggestions.
-----

Wayne Scheer:
My story, "Harold's Eulogy," has been accepted at Every Day Fiction.  Thanks to Fiction for their helpful comments. 
-----

Sara Smith:
This totally made my birthday, and I know for some it wouldn't be anything big, but I had a request for a full manuscript on my first novel. I have had two partial requests in the past 18 months with  "sorry but it's not for us" replies. So to have someone request the full made my night. It is actually the story that I have been subbing on the YA list. So thank you to all of those that have critiques the first couple of chapters, which I took all of your advice on!

The same novel, Life's About Lemons, was also picked for the top 1000 in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Contest.
-----

Barbara Weitbrecht:
Since December, I've been a team writer for HomeStation Magazine, an online blog (and occasional PDF / Flash publication) on matters relating to the online community, PlayStation Home. I post in my persona of Commander SealWyf of the Homeling Collective. I know this is all hilariously geeky, but the Magazine takes a mature, literate perspective on Home and the gaming community, and is worth some exploration. If anyone needs additional explanations about Home and the Homeling Collective, please contact me here.  My posts are here.
-----

Joanna M. Weston:
Three poems up at Joyful! Scroll down to the third photo. 
-----

No comments: