Sunday, June 26, 2011

IWW Members' Publishing Successes

Internet Writing Workshop members are heading into summer with a hot batch of publishing successes.

Congratulations to this week's crew, who all found success in a number of venues!

Jody
------------------

Barry Basden

"Breaking in Print" appears in Issue 4 of Handful of Dust. The pdf, with nice graphics, is available for viewing or download.

Thanks to all who helped with the poem.

---

Jan Bridgeford-Smith

Just got an email that my piece, "Her Husband's Bed," will be published by Foundling Review sometime in the next three months.

I subbed this prose poem (or maybe it's poetic prose (?), not long ago on the Practice List. As always, the feedback from that group was encouraging and oh so useful. Thank you, dear critters.

---

Mark Budman

"On the Shore of a Dry Sea," which was reviewed last year, was accepted for publication by Gargoyle magazine.

Thank you, Diana, Judith, Benjamin and Glen.

---

Mira Desai

Am delighted to announce a yahoo for verse -- yes, who’d have thought it -- a selection of poems on Here and Now.

---

Sue Ellis

The result of a rainy afternoon is up at Ink, Sweat and Tears. You'll have to scroll down a bit.

And my latest review is up at Internet Review of Books. It's Dr. Timothy Harlan's new diet book, Just Tell Me What To Eat.

A poem is live at Mused, the Bella Online Literary Magazine.

---

Marge Hamill

My memoir, "The Sawmill," is published in the August issue of Good Old Days Magazine, along with a picture of my brother, Dad, and me at the sawmill. The advance copy was sent to me today. I don't know if it's on the magazine stands yet.

---

Sarah Morgan

My book review of Moby-Duck: The True Story of 28,800 bath Toys Lost at Sea and of the Beachcombers, Oceanographers, Environmentalists, and Fools, including the Author, Who Went in Search of Them by Donovan Hohn is live at The Internet Review of Books.

---

Wayne Scheer

My story, "Mardi Gras," is up at Eric's Hysterics. This is one of the few sites devoted to humor, and it pays.

My story, "Starting Over," was accepted at Fiction 365. It'll be published next month. A good site for longer stories. And it also pays.

Both of these stories were critiqued in Fiction, so I have a lot of folks to thank.

---

Jack Shakely

My op-ed piece, "A children's museum for L.A. must be fun," about a much-needed children's museum for Los Angeles, appears in today's Los Angeles Times.

---

Pat St. Pierre

I have two photos (Hotel Ashuelot and Bouquet of Orange) in the 11 Anniversary Summer issue of Ken Again.

---

Bob White

Drum roll please. It's finally here. The e-version of my novel, Abducted, is available at Amazon, and Barnes and Noble.

Now, may I ask a favor? (This only will take a moment) Pull up the book and write a review. If you purchase a copy, I'd be forever grateful. If you don't have a Nook or Kindle, the app can be downloaded to your computer for FREE. A great summer read is at your fingertips.

The price is a bargain $2.99. The print version will be available in another few weeks.

---

Michael Wright

My short story "Game Boy" is online today at Dew on the Kudzu.

And my entry in the Bad Austen contest was chosen for the print edition to be published in November.

--------------

Are you interested in joining the venerable and internationally successful Internet Writing Workshop? Visit our website for more information.

No comments: