Monday, October 15, 2012

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Hardly seems possible another week has passed, but once again IWW members have outdone themselves. Here are last week’s publishing successes.

Judith

***

Guilie Castillo Oriard

The online sector of Pure Slush magazine has selected me to be its featured author during the month of January 2013. They will publish four short stories (with the theme, “copycat.” What exactly did I get myself into?) that I hope the Fiction list will help me polish

Jacquelynn Rasmenia Massoud

My flash piece, “Our Sickness,” has been accepted at Fiction365 & is now online:
This was a practice piece from a few years ago. Then it got stuffed in a dark corner for a while until I recently decided to resurrect it. Moral of the story: forgotten tidbits hiding in dark corners might be worth $10, which can be exchanged for a delicious sandwich.

Joanna M. Weston

Four poems up at 7Beats Here and Now, with many thanks to the Poetry List for help with at least two. http://herenow.7beats.com/ and scroll down and down.

Francene Stanley

Just to let you know that my book, Still Rock Water, which went through novels-L five years ago, is finally published as an e-book. The paperback will follow shortly. I thank everyone who continues to participate in the group for your generous help in bringing my writing up to scratch. Through you all, I've learned so much. My particular thanks to Edith Parzefall and Carol Kean.

Edith Parzefall

Today I'm sharing an anecdote from my travels in Brazil at Rick Bylina's blog. Looking back, from the safety of my den, it's quite amusing. ;-) Executive summary: A weary writer means to take a research break and ends up sleeping under the same roof as the military police. http://tinyurl.com/98dvdml

Wayne Scheer

My story, “Living Happily Ever After Is Hard Work,” has been accepted at Daily Love.  It's scheduled for 10/21.  The editor accepts love stories of various kinds.  If the story is too weird, violent or graphic, he might publish it in other ezines he edits, so submitting to Daily Love is like subbing to a variety of places at once.  He responds promptly and appears to be a real human being.  He likes stories up to 4000 words, but has an under 1000 word "sweet spot." http://www.dailylove.net

I have stories in a number of Fiction Brigade ebooks from which I am to be paid through book sales.  I received my first royalty check today---$1.12.
www.fictionbrigade.com

No comments: