Monday, October 21, 2013

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Mel Jacob

Latest Book Reviews at SFRevu:
 
4.5*
A Study in Silks, by Emma Jane Holloway

5* Balfour and Meriwether in
The Incident of the Harrowmoor Dogs by Daniel Abraham

4.5*
Seven Forges by James A. Moore

4*
Two Serpents Rise by Max Gladstone 

Available in November. Gifts available Oct. 28 from Melange Books and later from other ebook sites: Holiday Hopes (an anthology) and Three Gifts of Christmas. (writing as Nell DuVall).

Wayne Scheer

Civilizing Billy,” a very short story/prose poem/whatever, is up at The Camel Saloon.

An old humor piece, “My Left Foot,” outlining my stupidity, was a Semi-Finalist at
Humor Press.  That means it came in below the First through Fifth Place Winners, who were awarded money, and below the Finalists, who were not, which is another way of saying my story was a loser.  But I still think it's funny.  If you'd like to read it, click on the site and click on Semi-Finalists.  It's a lot of work, but my ego thinks it's worth it. 

Ruth Zavitz

My short story was one of three finalists in the John Kenneth Galbraith Literary Contest. Always a bridesmaid... this is the third time I’ve made the finalist list.

No comments: