Monday, January 6, 2014

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



G.K. Adams

My microfiction, “Afloat,” is up at Smashed Cat Magazine.

Sarah Corbett Morgan

My book review of The Telling Room: A Tale of Love, Betrayal, Revenge, and the World’s Greatest Piece of Cheese, by Michael Paterniti, is live over at The Internet Review of Books

Sue Ellis

My review of Braiding Sweetgrass, a very worthwhile read by Robin Wall Kimmerer, is up at Blue Lyra Review.

Lynne Hinkey

I'll be a permanent reviewer at Underground Book Reviews - a paid writing gig!! Starting this year, they're moving to purely self-published authors. Alas, they ask us not to review books for friends/colleagues/critique partners, so there are many of you whose books I won't be able to review, but do keep the other reviewers at that site in mind. 

Wayne Scheer

Zizek Press declared my story, The Last Slice of Pizza, a runner up in their Bad Writing Contest.  Before you laugh, they awarded me £50, which I'm assured is real money. 

My story, “Another American Dream,” has been accepted at I-70 Review, a print publication.  No money, American or otherwise, but the fame is priceless. 

My (humorous?) poem, New Year, New Scandal, is up at New Verse News You'll find it, appropriately enough, just below the picture of Britney Spears.

Wendy Williams

Stand Up Paddleboarding has seen the light of day.

Guilie Castillo-Oriard

The first independent review of my January story for the 2014 Pure Slush project is up at Stephen Ramey's blog.

Behlor Santi

Some good news on the writing front. C. Hope Clark at fundsforwriters.com will publish my article on international magazine markets this coming February. Also, this coming February, I have a lovely article in the UK-based Writing Magazine on how to survive and thrive in a publishing world full of kill fees.

Pam Floyd Hauck

I have two short poems up at Three Line Poetry, issue 22.

Also, two haiku at Haiku Journal, issue 23.

Mel Jacob

Latest Book Reviews at Gumshoereview.com

Show Me the Deadly Deer by Carolyn MulfordMillicent's Tower by Rosalyn Rikel

Latest Book Reviews at SFREVU.com

A Darkling Sea by James CambiasAlien Hunter by Whitley StrieberAssault on Sunrise by Michael SheaThe Golden City by J. Kathleen Cheney

Joanna M. Weston

My poem, “Progress,” up at Long Story Short. Scroll down to 'All poetry', click on that, and then scroll on down again.
And I have a couplet, “sheets tugged...” in the Leaf Press fabulous co-operative poem.


No comments: