Monday, February 3, 2014

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Ellen Kombiyil

I have a poem, “In the Dream You Are Not Dead,” up at Spry

I have a resurrected poem up at Revolution House. This poem appeared in The Hiss Quarterly (no defunct) as, “For Anousheh Ansari, Space Tourist,” in 2007. I have reworked the poem and given it a new title, “Space Smells Like Burnt Almond Cookies,” (which was a quote by Ansari, and inspired the original).

Finally, I wanted to share the news of an upcoming publication that I was tickled about. My experimental sonnet, “Falling Off the Edge of the World," will appear in Redactions on July 2, 2014, to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Vorticist movement. 

Mona Leeson Vanek

I finally published the Kindle edition of the final volume of my Montana trilogy, Behind These Mountains, Vols. I, II & III 

Guilie Castillo-Oriard

The audio version of my January story for the Pure Slush 2014, A Year In Stories project, is live at the Pure Slush site. 

Rasmenia Massoud

I've just received word that my story, Obituary Game, which was published at the
Flash Fiction Offensive last April, has been nominated for a Derringer Award.

Joanna M. Weston

Three poems up at Napalm and Novocain. The theme is an ended relationship. 

Eric Petersen

My latest book review, Three War Stories, a collection of novellas by David Mamet, is up at The Internet Review of Books.

William Bartlett

My February column is up at KCParent.com in the Word from Dad feature. Titled, “I Dial the Phone,” it is also available in print in KCParent magazine.

Claudette Alexander

My first ever video of me reading my novel, Sunrise from an Icy Heart: a Memoir, is on You Tube.

Theresa A. Cancro

My poem, “Riff,” is up at Kumquat Poetry.
 
I also have a poem in the current issue of Three Line Poetry (#24).

Pam Floyd Hauck

I had an essay accepted for the book, Dads of Disability: Stories For, By, and About Fathers of Children That Experience Disability. My late husband Ryan had bilateral, profound deafness which had a powerful impact on our daughter Barbara's life. The editor accepted it and helped me with revisions, even though I’m a mom and Barbara is not disabled. It's changed how I look at writer's submission guidelines.


No comments: