Monday, February 17, 2014

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Ruth Zavitz

Received an acceptance from Chronicler Publishing, Edmonton Alberta, for my historical novel, Flight to the Frontier. This story has been 30 years in gestation. Moral of the story: Never Give Up.

Silvia Villalobos

My story, “The Friend,” is in the latest issue of Red Fez.  If you click on the home page, you'll see it follows Ted Gogoll's story, “Nico.” 

Ellen Kombiyil

Two other fabulous Bangalore poets and I have formed a collective poetry press called The (Great) Indian Poetry Collective, and officially launched our first title in December. This press is modeled on the idea of mentorship: new members accepted into the collective are peer mentored for one year to edit and fine-tune their manuscript. In the second year the member gives back and in turn mentors a new member. In this way we hope to not only offer great poetry books, but also to grow the skill sets of writers. Please check out our website if you have the time and inclination.

I also have been leading a writing workshop (for free!) here in Bangalore for about a year and a half. I was recently interviewed about the workshop and my own process. The interview will be in two parts, but the first part is available here. You will have to wait until next week for part two.

Robin Cain

Link for a blog I'm featured in today. “Tips for Writing Fiction,” with Robin Cain. Comments on the blog are welcomed.

Joanna M. Weston

My poem, “I meant to tell you,” up at Jellyfish Whispers.


No comments: