Monday, March 3, 2014

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Wayne Scheer

Literary Hatchet has accepted “A Cowboy in Tight Jeans,” for their next issue. They look for dark stories, horror or dark humor and they pay $15 a story.  They also accept poems and essays. 

Long Story Short has accepted my comic flash, “The Salesman,” for their next issue.  I'll let you know when it's up.

Jack Shakely

My short story, “The Partial Assassination of PFC Johnny Little Wolf,” has been accepted for publication by the Veterans Writing Project and its magazine, Zero Dark Thirty.

Ellen Kombiyil

I'm super pleased to be included in the latest issue of Poemeleon --The Unreal Issue. It has an amazing lineup of poets with some truly stunning work. “Masquerade,” and “How I Came to Love,” (in its many forms, until it finally found its way) were first workshopped on Poetry-W. 

Rasana Atreya

I wrote a blog post for ALLi (UK based Alliance of Independent Authors) on Self-publishing in India. 

Sarah Corbett Morgan

My review of Handling the Truth: on the Writing of Memoir by Beth Kephart is at The Internet Review of Books. The publisher liked the review and is using it as a promo for memoir instructors. 

Mona Leeson Vanek

Announced on H-Women, a member pf J-Net Humanities & Social Sciences Online, the publication of the Kindle editions of Behind These Mountains, Vols. I, II & III. I think the list is hosted at the University of Maryland. The Wiawaka Project.

As a result of my promo, Mike Kaas, Mining History Association member contacted me to ask if the books included mining history. It does.

The Sanders County Ledger published a review of Behind These Mountains written by IWW member, Sue Ellis.

Theresa A. Cancro

A haiku of mine at A Handful of Stones (February 28, 2014)

One haiku in the current issue of A Hundred Gourds (Issue 3:2, March 2014):

My triptych poem, “Metamorphosis,” is live at Jellyfish Whispers.

Joanna M. Weston

Three poems up at Dead Snakes.

Chrystie Bowie

My story, “The Forgotten Staircase,” was accepted by Fiction 365, then never published because Fiction 365 closed. However, I’ve just been advised that the story will soon be published at Omnibucket.

Judith Kelly Quaempts

Three poems at Buddhist Poetry Review.


No comments: