Monday, November 24, 2014

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Lynne Hinkey

My flash fiction, “Maybe Tomorrow,” has been published in Two Hawks Quarterly

My review of Candice Raquel Lee’s The Innocent is up at the Underground Book Review, and an interview with the author follows. Scroll down.


Margaret Frey

r.kv.r.y published my flash, “Pillars of Salt.” The piece is located under ‘Shorts on Survival.’ I received a note from editor Mary Akers yesterday about wrangling someone to interview me about the piece. This would be for publication on r.kv.r.y's blog. If any of you are into that or would be willing to put together a few questions, please send me an email.  Much appreciated.

Also had a piece published this month by Foliate Oak, “A Moment of Change is the Only Poem.”


Finally, the most unexpected news.  A short that was first published by Used Furniture, “Bigfoot and Me,” found here. This was picked up by an online tutorial company that offers classwork for AP students.  They bought Bigfoot and a historical piece, “Bringing Jamie Home,” last year. 


Recently, they asked me to approve adapting 'Bigfoot and Me' into an animated short for one of their multimedia classes.  I thought that suggestion was really neat.  Hopefully, once I see the film, I'll be able to put up a link.

Joanna M. Weston

My poetry manuscript, A bedroom of Searchlights, has been accepted by Inanna Publications of York University, Toronto, for Spring 2016.

Paul Pekin

My nonfiction story, “The Lithuanian,” has just been published by a web magazine called Dirty Chai. I managed to locate this link which at least brings up the entire issue. You have to page through it to find me on page 67. If anyone does and actually manages to see the story, I'd be pleased to know about it.

Jack Shakely

My review of the long-lost YA classic, The Car Thief, is at the Internet Review of Books. If you liked The Outsiders, you might be in for a pleasant surprise.

Sarah Corbett Morgan

I’m very happy to announce that my book review of Vanessa Blakeslee’s amazing collection of short stories, Train Shots, is live at the Internet Review of Books. This one was such a pleasure to review.



No comments: