Monday, January 5, 2015

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Wayne Scheer

I have two flash stories, “You Can't Be Too Careful,” and “Saying Goodby,” as well as a poem, “Cha Cha and Tai Chi,” at Literary Hatchet.  LH has personable editors who pay in real money.  A great combination. My stories can be found on pages 8 and 188.  The poem is on page 196.

Theresa A. Cancro

I'm very pleased to kick off the New Year with two haiku in the January 2015 issue of Cattails (Journal of the United Haiku and Tanka Society). One has been selected as an editor's choice. (Scroll down.) The other is here. I'm also honored to have my work included alongside that of two other IWW members. 

Silvia Villalobos

Whoo-hoo. Today, I signed my first publishing contract for my mystery novel, Stranger or Friend. This novel would have never gotten into a publishable format without help and encouragement from my dear friends on Novels-L.

William Bartlett

My January column is up at KCParent.com in the Word from Dad feature. This month, it's Slid Off the Road. It's also available in print in KC Parent magazine. 


Judith Kelly Quaempts

Just received word that my novel, A Place Called Winter, is a nominee for novel of the year by Underground Book Review. Input and encouragement from the IWW Novels Group saw this one to publication. As they say, writing may be a solitary occupation, but a book is the result of many people helping along the way: family and friends, critique groups like IWW whom I’ve been so lucky to be a member of.



No comments: