Monday, March 2, 2015

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Guilie Castillo-Oriard
http://guilie-castillo-oriard.blogspot.com/

My latest article for the local newspaper, Amigoe Express, is up.


Another article of mine was published in Amigoe Express (a CuraƧao daily) and is at the newspaper's website


Deb O’Neille Schubbe
http://debioneille.blogspot.com/

Minnesota-based magazine editor (not for a publication about writing) found me through my blog, published an article of mine in January, and called yesterday with an opportunity for another assignment. When he first contacted me, he said he'd read a few articles on my blog, liked my style, and it seemed that I "knew a thing or two about writing." So he offered me an assignment to write something that had nothing to do with writing.

My new article will be published in the May issue of Connect Magazine.

Cathy Moser

Yesterday the 2015 issue of Montana, the Magazine of Western History, published by the Montana Historical Society, finally arrived in my mailbox. Inside the magazine is my, “In the Winner's Circle: How Montana Thoroughbreds Upset the Nineteenth Century's Racing Establishment.”

I’ve also received a $3,000 grant from Humanities Montana to further my research about late nineteenth century horse racing in Montana. The end product will be a nonfiction book proposal.

Oh, and one more thing, I just landed an assignment for EQUUS about, well, horse racing.

Theresa A. Cancro

Two poems are up this week. “Eventide,” on Leaves of Ink.

A haiku in A Hundred Gourds, Issue #4.2. Scroll down.


No comments: