Monday, March 9, 2015

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Jack Shakely

I am honored that my essay, “Indian Mascots--You're Out,” which first appeared in the Los Angeles Times, has been selected for the textbook, Practical Argument: A Text and Anthology, to be published by Bedford/St. Martins/Macmillan Higher Education.

It is altogether fitting to add that this essay was critted by Carter Jefferson when it first appeared in 2011. Goodbye, Carter. I'll miss you.

Joanna M. Weston

A haiku up in A Hundred Gourds. Good to be in there with Theresa Cancro and long ago member Nola Obee. Scroll down.

Eric Petersen

My review of The Blue Journal: A Detective Anthony Walker Novel by L.T. Graham has been published by the Internet Review of Books.


William Bartlett

My March column is up at KCParent.com in the “Word from Dad" feature. This month, it's titled Solitary Confinement, and it's also available in print in KC Parent magazine.

Wayne Scheer

I have a poem up at Camel Saloon, Time to Go.

Jeanette de Beauvoir

Well, finally, my mystery novel Asylum will be released tomorrow from St. Martin's/Minotaur. It's been over two years since it's been in their hands and I spent a couple of years before that writing it. Hopefully all of this time and activity will make it an "overnight" success!

I have a book launch party next Saturday hosted by Books By The Sea (Osterville, MA) being held at the Centerville Public Library in Centerville (on Cape Cod). If you're in the area between 1:00 and 2:30, please stop by!

I also have a slew of radio spots and interviews this week, which you can see here.


No comments: