Monday, May 11, 2015

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Silvia Villalobos

My short story, “Summer Rain,” has been accepted by Solstice Publishing, the publisher of my mystery novel, Stranger or Friend, for their next anthology (publication date, June, 2015).

Diane Diekman

My review of a book on leadership written by a female general, the first to earn four stars, is up on the Internet Review of Books.

Lynne Hinkey

I have an author interview and book review of, Ocean City Lowdown, by Kim Kash up at Underground Book Reviews.

Mira Desai

After the ebook last year, now the book-- the paper and print version! Harper Collins has published. Hon’ble Minister Jagubhai, a political novel I translated from Gujarati. The original work is, Jagubhai no punarjanma, written by Pravinsinh Chavda. The PS section is quite interesting, features an interview with the author and the original short story this novel grew from. Several IWW members and IWW have been thanked in the acknowledgments.

Ellen Kombiyil

I'm super excited to announce that my first book of poetry, Histories of the Future Perfect, launched last month at AWP! This is a book that's been nine years in the writing, and it explores the intersection of astrophysics and poetry. The past month has been a flurry of readings, meeting many new amazing writers and artists, and also getting the book out the door for reviews!

Thank you to IWW, in particular to the wonderful poets over at poetry-w. They taught me the ropes nearly 10 years ago, about how to start sending work out for publication. It's been an enormous source of great advice, support and friendship.

Lori Sambol Brody

I participated in Lockjaw Magazine's choose your own adventure collaborative story. My part is here. You can read it from the beginning here.
 
Wayne Scheer

My poem, “I Still Want to Kiss You,” is up at Camel Saloon. Another poem, “A Passing Thought,” is up at poet Allen Itz's Here and Now.


No comments: