Monday, June 15, 2015

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Sue Ellis

I'm up on the Birmingham Arts Journal with "The Hand of God," a short story critiqued in Prose P (thank you)! The story is on page 44.

I received two free copies of the new Summer issue of GreenPrints, a gardener's magazine. The editor likes paper submissions and snail mail the best, and pays $75.00 upon acceptance.

I'd begun to think he'd decided not to use the story after all, but he came through. It's called, "A Hosta for Mrs. Malloy," a story about a hosta that survived in spite of me. Here are the submission guidelines.

My review of Brian Doyle's The Plover is up today on the Internet Review of Books. I liked it so much that I knew I couldn't do it justice with the review, and sure enough, I didn't, but you'll get the idea. A couple of weeks ago I read Doyle's latest novel, Martin Marten, and I liked it every bit as much if not more. The guy is such a talent.

Lee Hauser

Last September I gave a "yahoo" about being accepted into the Certificate In Popular Fiction program at the University of Washington. Last week I completed the program. The class has published an anthology, "Trouble,"which is now available via print-on-demand from Blurb.com

I have a short story, "The Dragons Upstairs," and the first scene of my novel. Saint Constance in the anthology. I also wrote the web page "About The Book" copy and the back cover blurb.

Mira Desai

Mamta D, a writer friend, recently interviewed me about my new book, Hon'ble Minister Jagubhai, and the challenge of translations. This interview is now live on The Metrognome. I'm excited!

Theresa A. Cancro

Three haiku are featured in Issue #33 of hedgerow: a journal of small poems.


No comments: