Monday, January 4, 2016

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Ruth Zavitz

My historical novel, Niagara Odyssey, the sequel to Flight to the Frontier, has just been released by Chronicler Publishing. It's available from Amazon or at any bookstore.

Charles Opara

My short story 'The Dream', written in September this year and sent to both Fiction and Non Fiction lists is being considered for the best newcomer prize by Fiction Desk. I never even entered it in that contest. I just wanted it published.

So this is a wonderful bonus for me. Win or lose, I'm honored. Thanks to everyone on the Fiction List who helped out (you know who you are), and the ever reliable Paul Fein on the Non Fiction List.

Joanna M. Weston

Five of my entries for 'Things we like' up at Lost Paper. Either read them all, scroll down and read paragraph 9, or here are my five:

singing full volume in the car, alone and out-of-tune
writing limericks during a dull meeting
chocolate cake for breakfast
the cat purring on my desk while I write a poem
a hot bath at the end of a long day

What a way to start the New Year! A poem up at A Day's Encounter.

Wayne Scheer

My story, “Pink Tights,” critiqued in Fiction, was bought by The Literary Hatchet, published by Pear Tree Press. I'm well on my way to earning my first million as a writer, if I live to be 780 years old. Thanks to everyone who critiqued this story.

Steven K. Smith

I just got notice that two of my flash fiction pieces were accepted by the online/print journal "Children, Churches, and Daddies (The un-religious, non-family oriented literature and art journal).

"Night" will appear in the June 2016 print issue, and "Loops" in the Jul/Aug 2016 print issue. Both of these pieces should be available on their website by Friday, January 8.

It will have its own web page in the writings section of Scars Publications. Just go to the writings link, and under my name in the left frame will be my accepted writing, which when clicked will appear in the larger right frame.

Members of the Fiction list critiqued both pieces. I much appreciate their help.

Lori Sambol Brody

My flash "The Girl Who Waits for the Superhero" is up today at Atlas and Alice. Thanks to the Prose group for their suggestions

Judith Kelly Quaempts

Thrilled to report I'm one of five recipients of Camroc Press Review’s Editor’s Favorite Awards 2015.

Mel Jacob

Recent review for Science Fiction Review:

The Pagan Night: The Long Winter #1 by Tim Akers

Recent reviews for Gumshoe Review:

A Thousand Falling Crows by Larry D. Sweazy

To Helvetica and Back (Dangerous Type) by Paige Shelton

Tracking The Beast by Henry Kisor

The Woman Who Did by Lou Allin


No comments: