Monday, February 8, 2016

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Joanna M. Weston

Two poems up at Jellyfish Whispers, with many thanks to the Poetry List for their help with these.

Rasmenia Massoud

My flash fiction, "Melody's Fire" just went up at Penny Shorts. They are a paying site based here in the UK. Readers pay a few coins for short stories, and authors get royalties and a discount on the site.

Their editors respond to submissions rather quickly and have been great to work with if any of you feel like giving them a whirl. Thank you, Fiction group for once again helping me to clean up my work before sending it out into the world.

Wayne Scheer

My story, "Larry and Susan Make a Life," is up at Crack the Spine Literary Magazine. This story has my favorite ending of all my stories.

I have a humorous essay, "Magic," up at Clever Magazine. This is almost autobiographical.
 
Finally, I take this as a real writer's compliment.  The editors of Fabula Argentea read a story of mine published in 2006 and asked if they could reprint it.  It is scheduled for their April issue. What's more, they are a paying magazine.

Ruth Zavitz

My short story "Where There's a Will There's a Way"  lost out on Canadian Stories 2015 Short Story Contest but has been published in the current issue of Canadian Stories Magazine.

Chioma Iwunze-Ibiam

I am pleased to announce that my creative writing website just won literary blog of the year at the Nigerian Writers Awards. It's the first time I have ever won,a trophy. I'm so excited.

Thanks to Judith and Charles for their contributions as guest bloggers. I am open to contributions (mostly writing advice) for the blog. Thanks once again.


No comments: