Monday, May 30, 2016

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Lynne Hinkey

I have a guest blog post at Bookingly Yours. This is a rehash of an old post from 2012 on my own blog.

Wayne Scheer

My short story, "Getting Serious," has been accepted at The Jawline Review. The story was critiqued on Fiction a while back.

Joanna M. Weston

My book, 'A Bedroom of Searchlights', published this week by Inanna Publications of Toronto, Ontario. The poems explore the life of the poet’s mother who divorced in 1939, at a time when a woman divorcing was still frowned upon by society.

This collection draws a picture of the artist and single mother who struggled with poverty, war, and the realities of daily life, yet still found beauty and comfort in her garden, and her art. On Amazon and here is the link to the book page on Inanna's website:

Lori Sambol Brody

Take a look at this! Little Fiction does trailers for all the stories they publish, and here's the one they did for my story coming out June 1 – E Ticket.

Ellen Kombiyil

I'm thrilled and honored to have a new poetry chapbook, "avalanche tunnel," out with Ryga. I had originally submitted work to them last year for their journal, having admired many of the poets they've published in the past and knowing that they pay a generous $200 for accepted work. Well, little did I know this would all lead to a chapbook.

They requested even more work and offered me the book deal and I feel really lucky. They've been an amazing bunch to work with, offering great edits and helping me polish some brand-new work. So poets, keep sending out your poems, you never know where they may lead! If you'd like to have a look, the editors say some awfully nice things about me.

Also, the excerpted poem was one that was critiqued on Poetry-W a couple of years ago. Other recent news is that a really cool new project, The Pittsburgh Poetry Houses, has published a reprint of an older poem of mine, "The Matador's Daughter," which originally appeared in 2river back in 2006.

This project creates mini poem-postcards and leaves them in wooden boxes (poetry houses) around the city of Pittsburgh for free distribution. Non-city residents can also order copies of a volume (about 30 poetry postcards) for a small fee. They are looking to publish short (must fit on a postcard), easily accessible and family-friendly poems. You can find out more here.
 
Lastly, this is a bit early, but I'm too excited not to share: Boston Review will be publishing my poem in the upcoming Franz Wright memorial they're curating. "Elegy with Premonition & Tentacles," an ABCDerian critiqued not long ago on Poetry-W (I've substantially edited it - thanks to all who gave such great feedback!), will appear in the not too distant future.

I'll post a link when it's live. Thanks again, dear writers! My heart is brimming!

Paul Fein

I recently received a 1st-Place award in the Nonfiction category of the 2016 Writers-Editors Network International Writing Competition for a feature titled "Let's Give Djokovic Some Love." I also received a 2nd-Place award for a column titled "Surprises, Demises, and Reprises at the US Open."

I would like to thank everyone whose topnotch suggestions and corrections - plus your explanations - improved these and other articles immensely. We're a team of collaborators, and I really appreciate your generous help.

Theresa A. Cancro

One haiku on Plum Tree Tavern, May 29, 2016.

Two haibun - A Clearing and After Dinner - published in the June 2016 issue of Haibun Today.

Four poems - "tree grief," "Inert at The Door," "Bitter," and one haiku - selected from work appearing last year in Kind of A Hurricane Press' online sites and recently published in their "best of" series, "Storm Cycle 2015."

My thanks to Poetry-W and Prose-P members who provided feedback on a couple of these.

Behlor Santi

I have an article published in a December 2016 edition of fundsforwriters.com. I didn't crit the draft at NFICTION, but this is another publication besides.


No comments: