Monday, June 20, 2016

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Joanna M. Weston

One poem up at Poet's Corner and three up at Dead Snakes with thanks to the Poetry List for their help.

Four poems from my book, “A bedroom of searchlights,” up at 7 Beats here and now. Scroll down, but not too far!

My haiku for the solstice is up at the Plum Tree Tavern.

Elma Schemenauer

Slavomir Almajan is a friendly & inspiring poet my husband Bob & I met at a Kelowna [British Columbia] Christian writing event where I spoke. Here on his blog is his review of my novel CONSIDER THE SUNFLOWERS.

Thanks, IWWers who patiently critiqued this novel over a number of years. It was finally published by Borealis Press of Ottawa in 2014.

Sala Wyman

My first ever book review - and online publishing besides my own blog - is up at Book Club Babble. I reviewed "Jo Joe" by Sally Wiener Grotta and interviewed her afterwards. Exciting...I really enjoyed this experience.

Wayne Scheer

I won First Place and $25 in Mini Contest #30 at On the Premises. The idea of the contest was to open a story giving away a twist ending in less than 50 words.

I rewrote the start of a story of mine with a surprise twist. I think I like it better this way. With the reader knowing the truth from the start, it's a very different story. The original story was critiqued in Fiction a long time ago.

My short story, "Doing Penance," is up at A long Story Short. Thanks to the Fiction folk for critiquing this old one. 

Chioma Iwunze-Ibiam

I have a story up on The Flash Fiction Press Magazine. It's titled The Memory Question, and, I earned $5 for this story.


No comments: