Monday, October 10, 2016

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Carolyn Richer

My short story, Jack and the Bean Counter, is about to be included in an anthology based on tax tales. The stipulation was that the stories had to have an accountant as a main character.

Although I didn’t win the $10,000 first prize, I think it’s funny that after years of wrestling novels, synopses, and blurbs, a little short story that took about an hour and a half to write got noticed.

My first venture into short story competitions, LOL. Must be all the great support I have had at IWW over the years. Needless to say, I’ve refined the original entry for the anthology and I’m working on next year’s entry now.

Lori Sambol Brody

A little flash in Sick Lit. This was workshopped in the now defunct Prose P workshop - thanks for your help!

Joanna M. Weston

Three short poems up at Nailpolish Stories, great fun to write.


No comments: