Monday, May 8, 2017

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Theresa A. Cancro

Two yahoos to kick off May: Three of my haiku are included in the May 2017 issue of Brass Bell, which features "colorful haiku." It's arranged alphabetically by first name.

Four senryu (humorous, human-based haiku) have been published in Failed Haiku, Issue 17, May 2017. Scroll to page 147.

Rasmenia Massoud

My short story, 'In Our Blood' was accepted a while ago for Black Heart Magazine's charity anthology, DISARM: A Gun Sense Anthology with all proceeds going to Everytown for Gun Safety. So, no payment, obviously, but the cause is very important to me, so I'm stoked to be a part of it.

Thanks to Fiction for the crits on this one - it prompted me to make some changes to my original story, which looking back, I really don't think would've been accepted. But, this one was, so thank you!

Aaron Troye-White

I have another beer-related article published. This one is about a charity beer brand operating out of Budapest. Sure, you might not be able to find the beer outside of Hungary, but hopefully it's an interesting read. :)

Kristy Kassie

My microfiction piece, “The Hurricane”, has been accepted for publication by 101 Words. Will post the link when it’s available.

Peter Bernhardt

I want to let anyone know who might be in the area that I will expand on my previous writing workshop (Arizona Authors' Association, /Crafting the Written Word/) at the Sedona Public Library: *Writing Workshop*: *Thursday, May 18*, 4 PM, community room: “Author Peter Bernhardt will share techniques for creating story arcs, developing plots, and writing consistent characters.”

But my biggest accomplishment is to finally finish the German translation of /Red Romeo/ and ship it off to my editor in Berlin to polish my German before sending it to my publisher in Munich.

Elma Schemenauer

I've been given the rare opportunity of speaking for two hours about my non-fiction book YesterCanada: Historical Tales of Mystery and Adventure. I'm delighted.

Lori Brody

I wrote about my writing journey on Gay Degani's website.

My story "River of Running Lava" has been published by Necessary Fiction. It was on the longlist for the Wigleaf Top 50.

Abhinav Kumar

A story that I subbed recently on the Fiction workshop, is up at Spark Magazine. Thank you to everyone who offered their suggestions and feedback – it really helped!


No comments: