Monday, June 19, 2017

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Theresa A. Cancro

One haiku has been published in "Frameless Sky, Issue 6," a multimedia journal of haiku, tanka, artwork and music, which is in DVD format. The theme is "Tango." A Youtube video containing a large excerpt of the journal can be viewed here. My haiku appears in the excerpt.

One haiku appears in the most recent issue of The Weekly Avocet, #236.

Wayne Scheer

My flash, "Southern Charm," is up at Flash Fiction Magazine. This story originated in Practice, so thanks to the Practice critiquers.

Lori Sambol Brody

New story in Cheap Pop: "How I've Been Without You."

Charles Opara

My book 'Edit Your Masterpiece With Ease For Fiction Writers', which I co-authored with fellow lister, Chioma Iwunze-Ibiam, is out on Amazon.

I couldn't have written this book without you guys, all the discussions and posts I sent to this list played a big part. What less could I expect? I belong to the best critique group there is, so thank you all.

The goal we had with this book, Chioma and I, was to save writers from the numerous rewrites they often have to make by providing a checklist and giving tips on how to prune their stories like a professional, whether its redrafting or recrafting.

Many of the things I've discussed on this list are there, better phrased, though. Thanks. I couldn't have done this without you. And thanks to Chioma, my favourite blogger on creative writing, for suggesting we do this together.

Sarah Corbett Morgan

My review of the memoir, wrapped around Afghanistan's history, Crossing the River Kabul, is up at The Internet Review of Books.

Mona Leeson Vanek

In their Looking Back weekly column, The Sanders County Ledger, Thompson Falls, MT, published a large excerpt from Volume 1, Chapter 4, titled "Evergreen Wealth" of my Behind These Mountains trilogy in their May 18th and May 25th issues. It's in the weekly "Remember When?" column. The weekly newspaper is also available online.


No comments: