Monday, August 21, 2017

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Abhinav Kumar

So I've published what I hope is my first short story collection on Amazon. It's called "Razor-Sharp: 13 Short Stories" and is available as an ebook on Amazon India and Amazon USA.

It's on Goodreads too. If anyone else is considering publication on Amazon, I'd be happy to walk you through it! It's really very easy once you've got your manuscript ready.

A huge shout out to everyone who has taken the trouble to read, critique or even congratulate on a past success - it really, really makes a difference. Thanks to each and every one of you.

Steven K. Smith

A piece I subbed to the fiction list a couple of years ago has made it to the Short Humour site. Thanks to Wayne Scheer particularly for this. He's the one that suggested the venue.

Originally, the piece was over 800 words, and Short-Humour's limit was 500, so I didn't think I'd be able to cut it down that far at the time. I kept working at it, though, and finally made it under 500 words for a version that I thought still hung together.

I submitted it Wednesday evening and Thursday had an email saying they'd taken it. I appreciate everyone's crits on this. You all helped me improve this.

Barbara Taylor

A short story of mine, "Distant Cousin," has been accepted for publication in the Autumn Equinox issue of Mused.

Theresa A. Cancro

My haibun, "crackin' jack," has been published today on The Other Bunny.


No comments: