Monday, December 4, 2017

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Rasmenia Massoud

Hello Happy Writey People. I'm a little late with this one, but The Fem Literary Magazine has published my story, 'Combustion.'

The Fem isn't a paying market, but publishes a diverse selection of feminist writing, so even though I won't be able to buy a pint with this one, I'm still stoked to be included in their magazine.

Cezarija E. Abartis

"Sins and Misdemeanors" is online at COLUMBIA JOURNAL. I want to thank readers of these three flashes at IWW. The flashes are better because of your critiques:

Rasmenia Massoud, Paul Pekin, Priya P., Wayne Scheer, Chioma Iwunze Ibiam, Charles Opara, Kristen Howe, Frank Zielony, Aaron Troye-White, Abhinav Kumar, Rachel Ball, Charles Chettiar.

Joanna M. Weston

Three poems from my book 'A Summer Father' up at 7Beats Here and Now. Scroll down to the book cover. I feel so honoured that these poems about my father should be published again.

A haiku in Brass Bell. Scroll down, they are alphabetical by first name. Theresa Cancro is in there too.

Kristy Kassie

Pleased to share the publication of my first book! "Brogan Bites", a collection of creative nonfiction poetry and flash prose, is available on Amazon for Kindle and its compatible apps, as well as in paperback.

Pamelyn Casto

My poem, “Sookeys Creek Coal Miners,” is the featured poem (on the front page) in the December issue of Better Than Starbucks!

This publication considers previously published work and my featured poem was a first place winner in a poetry contest almost twenty years ago.

During the past year Better Than Starbucks has also published one of my prize-winning haiku and one of my previously published flash fiction pieces. I love it that some places will help us recirculate our work.

Theresa A. Cancro

Four of my senryu have been published in the December 2017 issue (#24) of Failed Haiku. Linda Gamble is also there.

One haiku is included in the December 2017 issue of Brass Bell. The theme is poems written about experiences on November 18, 2017. Joanna Weston is also there. It's arranged alphabetically by poets' first names.

One haiku has been published in The Heron's Nest, Volume XIX, Number 4, December 2017. Scroll down.

Lori Brody

I had a flash in Lost Balloon, "The World's More Full of Weeping,” , which was nominated for the Best Small Fictions Anthology.

My flash in Jellyfish Review, "I Want to Believe the Truth Is Out There,” also was nominated for the Best Small Fictions Anthology.

My flash in Sundog Lit, “The Girls at the Kaiulani Resort,” was nominated for a Pushcart.


No comments: