Monday, April 15, 2019

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Lori Sambol Brody

I'm happy to announce that one of my stories, "In Which We Drive the Transpeninsular, Mexico 1," which originally appeared in JMWW, has been selected to be in the Best Small Fictions 2019 anthology.

Dave Gregory

My story "Penny Lane" has been published in the Airgonaut. A big thank you to David Russell, John Palcewski, Wayne Scheer, Deepa, Alex Farley, Steven Smith & Eric Petersen for providing feedback on an earlier draft and helping improve the story.

Also, "Last Jump Off the Lift Bridge" which was critiqued last spring under the title "Ways My Father Nearly Died," made the longlist of the 2019 Commonwealth Short Story Prize. Although it didn't win, it has been accepted for publication in Typehouse Literary Magazine.

Paul S. Fein

I would like to thank everyone who helped improve a Letter to the Editor that was published today in The Republican newspaper (Springfield, Mass.) and on MassLive. If you are interested, you can see it online here.

William Bartlett

Ten years ago this month, my first column was published in KC Parent magazine and I've been published there every month since. At first, they offered me the remainder of the year. When I submitted my Christmas column in October of 2009, they extended me for the next year.

In October of 2010, they extended me for yet another year. Now, they don't even bother with asking me to extend. I'm not sure how long this will last, but then, I never knew the gig would last for ten years.

All of my columns are archived at the KCParent.com website, so you can read any of the 120 columns. To access the archive, simply go to the search window in the upper right-hand corner of their home page and type Bartlett (be sure to use a capital 'B') and it will pull up every column I've written in the past ten years.

Since this is a magazine for parents, I write about children: raising 'normal' children, raising 'special needs' children, even being a child myself. The magazine may be aimed more toward mothers, but I write for people who either are parents or who have had parents.

Except for February - every year, I write something about relationships during Valentine's Day month. You can check out my current column, Piece of Cake, here.

Eric Petersen

My review of Bones of The Earth, an An Inspector Shan Tao Yun Mystery by Eliot Pattison, has been published by the Internet Review of Books.


No comments: