Monday, June 10, 2019

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Ugochukwu Damian

My poem 'Flower Petals' was published on kreative Diadem.

Dave Gregory

My microfiction "Tomato Pulp Makes the Wound Look Worse" is now online at Every Writer's Resource. It was submitted, accepted and published within a day. It will also appear in the next print issue.

This story was the first paragraph of "The Arrow and the Turtle" submitted to the Fiction group recently. Since Microfiction is hot in some circles, I decided to change the characters and setting and see if this fragment could stand on its own.

I still hope the full story will be accepted by a publisher one day. Thanks for many helpful suggestions to Paul Pekin & Charles Opara and especially Lee Meadow who suggested my original vegetable (a squash) wasn't right.

Lynne Hinkey

My review of "Antarctica: Earth's Own Ice World" is up at the Internet Review of Books. Thanks to Bob for his continued diligence with the site, and patience with me!

Paul Stenquist

I write full time, and only on assignment. It’s my sole source of income, and most would say I crank out a lot of copy, much of which is ordinary. So I rarely mention my published work. (I do enjoy seeing the work of others here. That’s why I lurk.)

Over the years Ive written at least a half dozen articles for the New York Times about kids dying in overheated cars and have been passionate about providing exposure for all those who have worked hard for a solution, a solution that must include vehicle warning devices.

Janette Fennell of KidsAndCars.org is the heroic leader of the campaign to find a solution. The Times published my latest effort, and I am optimistic about the chances for much needed legislation.

Jeannette de Beauvoir

My new novel, Lethal Alliances, was officially published June 1, and is available on Amazon. Also, my “hometown” bookstore, the Provincetown Bookshop, gave me a nice reception and the opportunity to talk about the book’s background. It was a lot of fun.

I love doing historical fiction—the plot’s pretty much already there, and some of this, you really couldn’t make up—and it’s a nice change from the mysteries I usually write.

In case you’re interested, here’s the blurb:

Set during the reign of King Philippe le Bel, this panoramic novel shares the passions and politics of medieval France in a tale rich with adventure, turmoil, and heartbreak. When three girls betrothed to Philippe’s sons arrive at the French court, they are soon swept up by palace intrigue and deadly betrayals. In the short period from 1301 to 1315, Phillipe will orchestrate the murder of a pope, drive the Jews from France, ensure the destruction of the Knights Templar, and thwart the love affair of his daughter, Isabelle—who, as queen of England, helps trigger the Hundred Years’ War.

Pamelyn Casto

I'm delighted to tell you that yesterday I received an acceptance for my poem, Eve-Pandora, from Gargoyle magazine. My poem will appear in their Summer 2020 issue. Did I mention how delighted I am to have received this news? I've long admired Gargoyle and now my own work gets to appear on its pages. Yep, I'm truly delighted. Or did I mention that already?


No comments: