Monday, September 9, 2019

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Pamelyn Casto

The September issue of Carmina Magazine (their inaugural issue) published two of my haiku. It went live this morning. These two haiku I'm particularly fond of (one is on Sappho and the other on Diogenes). This magazine is for work related to classical Roman or Greek literature.

Joanna M. Weston

I have a haiku in Shamrock #42 online, scroll down and I'm below Nola Obie, who used to be a member of the Poetry List.

Dave Gregory

My very short story, "An Ostentation of Peafowl," was recently published in Rabid Oak. Thanks to Lee Meadows, Paul Pekin and Frank Zielony for providing constructive feedback.

I read my story "Joran's Song" at the Eden Mills Writers' Festival as a winner of the "Read at the Fringe" event. Thanks to Rekha Rajgopal, Paul Pekin, Wayne Scheer, Eric Petersen, Stella Gutierrez, Kristen Howe, Omolola Opatayo and Marisa Kendall for providing such helpful feedback.

I'm still looking for a publisher for the story but it is nice to be a contest "winner" for once.


No comments: