Monday, October 14, 2019

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Joanna M. Weston

I have a poem, 'In peace', up at Writing in a Woman's Voice. I also have another poem up on the same site which commemorates all the girls and women who have gone missing along our highways.

I have yet another poem up at The Blue Pepper. I've had quite a week!

Eric Petersen

My review of How Beautiful They Were, a novel by Boston Teran, has been published by the Internet Review of Books.

Dave Gregory

My story, "Penmanship Led Me To Your Mother," appears in the inaugural issue of Mason Street. Thanks to Eric Petersen, Kristen Howe, Frank Zielony, Paul Pekin, David Webb, John Palcewski, Joe Follansbee & Deepa Kandaswamy for providing feedback, encouragement and suggestions when I submiited it almost a year ago.

This story logged 25 rejections between then and now but I never lost confidence in this embellished version of how my parents met. Subs are now open for Mason Street's 2nd issue. No pay but easy to work with. I love the graphic they gave me & hope it illustrated a John Cheever story 60 years ago.

Chandrika Radhakrishnan

This was my piece for a Society Mirror Challenge run by a story portal. A real case that came up in the papers, I gave a fictional twist to it and wrote a story in the form of a letter to the dead girl.


No comments: