Monday, June 22, 2020

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Cezarija E. Abartis

I'm so pleased. New World Writing accepted "Lost and Found" (600 words) today and published it 1 minute later!

I want to thank Dale Anson, Wayne Scheer, Elizabeth Grace Wright, Bill LaFond, Keith Walker, Al Ridgway, and Eric Petersen, who reviewed it back in March and April. Thank you, dear reviewers!

Preeth Ganapathy

My poem 'Meetings' is up at Silver Birch Press.

Also, Red Wolf Journal published my poem 'A sense of déjà vu' last month.

Dave Gregory

My flash fiction story "Baklava in Sunshine & Despair" has been reprinted in After the Pause (pg. 33). I tried re-homing it after the original publisher, an online Canadian journal, shut down their website.

It's actually the third acceptance for this one story (a US academic journal never acknowledged my withdrawal & accepted it after it was no longer online - but they wouldn't take it as a reprint).

Chandrika Radhakrishnan

My work titled 'Surrogacy,' written for a Mother's Day contest held by The Thinking Pen where stories had to be less than 100 words, is among the six winning entries. It's the second one on the list.

Wayne Scheer

My story, "Cheaper Than Therapy" has been accepted for consideration in a writing contest. It's available for reading here.


No comments: