Monday, July 13, 2020

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Pamelyn Casto

So happy to learn last night that my story, In The Quink of an Eye, is a semi-finalist in MacQueen's Quinterly Quink Contest. What happens now is that in three weeks a winner and three finalists will be chosen from the semi-finalists, and then the winner, three finalists, and semi-finalist stories will all be published in the next issue (the August issue, due in three weeks).

So no matter what the next results might be, my story is a semi-finalist and will be published. Do keep your fingers crossed that my story will do even better. I love this system of good news now and maybe even better news later.

Thanks to Paul Fein, Michael Burris, Aaron Troye-White, Rick Bylina, Diane Diekman, and Brent Salish for your helpful critiques.

Judith Quaempts

A poem up of mine is up at Young Ravens Literary Review. I freeze at themed submissions but with the virus and self-isolation decided to try-it took a while and constant revisions and I was thrilled when it was accepted.

First, my thanks to Pamelyn for suggesting i contact the Boyd Chronicles. Then what an absolute thrill to find Wayne Scheer on the same podcast. I kid Wayne that we are cousins cuz his last name is my grandmother's maiden name.


No comments: