Monday, August 3, 2020

IWW Members' Publishing Successes



Wayne Scheer

Everyday Fiction published my flash, "Escape." I wrote a shortened version of this story with the Practice group, so a special thanks go to them. Everyday Fiction has been publishing for years.

It takes them a couple months to respond and another couple to publish, but the editors are good to work with. And they pay $3. It's not much, I know, but it always feels good to know that someone would actually pay me to publish one of my stories.

Pamelyn Casto

I got the results of MacQueen's Quinterly Contest, and my story remains a semi-finalist. I hope you get a chance to read it. And I hope it confuses you good. As for me, I'll never be the same.

Thanks again to Paul Fein, Michael Burris, Aaron Troye-White, Rick Bylina, Diane Diekman, and Brent Salish for your helpful critiques. As you'll see, I worked in various suggestions.

OPEN: Journal of Arts & Letters published my Prose Poetry Recommendation List this morning. If you're interested in prose poetry, this is a list of great books to explore (anthologies, collections, and explorations). I've been reading and studying prose poetry for years and these are some of the best books in my collection.

Cezarija E. Abartis

My flash stories "Snow-Bright" and "Eternal City" are online at Grey Sparrow Journal. For the first flash, I have many reviewers to thank: Deepa, Edita Petrick, the late Paul Pekin, Stella Gutierrez, Eric Petersen, Steven K. Smith, Tony Awori, Mark Budman, and Peggy Vincent. That was back in November, 2018! Thank you.


No comments: