Monday, September 21, 2020

IWW Members' Publishing Successes


Paul S. Fein

My nonfiction feature titled "Coco's Dream Debut at Wimbledon" was awarded an Honorable Mention in the Writer's Digest annual writing competition. Many thanks to the Offer respondents and the members of our critique group who helped me with this article.

Pamelyn Casto

Muse-Pie Press published a community poem on Covid-19 that I wrote a line for. You can read and hear the poem, as they made a recording of it. This was quite an interesting and a highly emotional experience, to write with so many strangers about this pandemic and then to see all our lines put together.

All who've had work published through Muse-Pie Press were asked to supply one line for the poem (they asked us back in May 2020). We never saw each other's line. Then a staff member took all the lines and put them in the order you see.

There's no identification of who wrote what line and I rather like it like that. The name of each contributor is listed on the right side of the screen. This was such an emotionally moving sensation, reading the poem tonight, to truly feel how deeply we're all in this together.

As I was reading it, tears welled in my eyes several times over. All those voices... all that confusion... all that fear... all that hope... and we're all speaking it together in our community poem.

Sala Wyman

My review of Accidentals: A Novel by Susan M. Gaines, was published by the Internet Review of Books.

Mark Budman

My story "Can You Breathe?" took the first prize in a short story competition (I retitled it as "Trespassing—a Criminal Offense"). Thanks to all my critics.


No comments: