Monday, October 19, 2020

IWW Members' Publishing Successes


Cezarija E. Abartis

“Commiseration & Gifts” is published in Zawadi & Other Short Stories, edited by P. Comley. Ouen Press, 2020, pp. 195-211. The 2019 Ouen Press Short Story Competition.

I published a short story in this. I'm asking the library to purchase a copy. I'm kind of proud of the story. I'm also grateful to the reviewers Eric Petersen and the late Paul Pekin. They read it in April, 2019.

Chandrika Radhakrishnan

My humor piece Buyer’s Remorse and Hoarder’s Dilemma was finally published after facing multiple rejections. I had written this for one of the practice session on buyer's remorse and edited based on your feedback.

Bob White

My latest novel, *Taken*, is now live at Amazon. This police procedural tale was critiqued after the first draft by the Novels-L group. Two of my beta-readers come from IWW - one of the admins in the Romance group, Bill Bartlett, and Jennifer Kilby, a former member of the Novels group. It's available in both print and e-book formats.

Dave Gregory

My short story "Church Fire" is online - in time for Halloween - at Write City Magazine, produced by the Chicago Writers Association. It's a paying market and super easy to work with.

Many members of the fiction group weighed in on this submission, so I owe a huge debt of thanks to Eric Petersen, David Webb, Abhinav Kumar, Paul Pekin, Mark Kline, Lazarus Chernik, Deepa, Bill LaFond, and Jill Case for providing many helpful suggestions which greatly improved this piece.

Jan Bridgeford-Smith

I'm excited that my essay, The Ladies' Messenger, was published in the current edition of Boulevard Magazine. I'm ever grateful for the comments and writing assistance from members of IWW.


No comments: