Monday, October 26, 2020

IWW Members' Publishing Successes


Pamelyn Casto

My essay, A Brief and (Likely) Necessary Literature, that was translated into Russian, was re-published by OPEN: Journal of Arts & Letters on their Facebook page. You can see the English version here.

Another essay, A Close Reading of Alice Walker's "The Flowers," was also re-published by OPEN: Journal of Arts & Letters on their Facebook page.

I also received word that I've won a first place for one (or more) of my poems in a poetry contest I like to enter every year. They usually have an awards banquet where all the first place winners read their poems but that had to be canceled due to Covid-19.

They're now going to do it via Zoom in mid-November. That's when I'll learn which of my poems won first place.

I'm so excited - I now have a published chapbook on flash fiction! It's titled Flash Fiction: A Primer and it went live today. You can see it and download a copy here. (It's free.) If you like my chapbook, please do post comments at the site.

I'm also excited that my latest essay, "List Stories: Lists of the Literary Kind," is now live on the OPEN: Journal of Arts & Letters site.

Thanks to Paul Fein, Catharine Moser, Lauren Oertel, Kristen Howe, Janaki Lenin, and Diane Diekman for your helpful critiques of my essay (hope I didn't forget anyone.)


No comments: