Monday, November 30, 2020

IWW Members' Publishing Successes


Pamelyn Casto

My poem, Deep Woman, won first place in a state poetry contest (a competition I like to enter every year). I received my prize money and will receive a free anthology (with all the winning poems included).

What I found particularly interesting this time is that while only one of my poems won first place, eleven others ended up in the top ten in their categories. I like it that I had so many "almosts" this time.

OPEN: Journal of Arts & Letters re-published two of my essays, "List Stories: Lists of the Literary Kind" and "A Close Reading of Lon Otto's "Love Poems," on Facebook.

Louisa Howerow

My poem "The Why of It" was chosen for Poetry Pause, which is the League of Canadian Poets' daily poetry dispatch program, inspired by the Academy of American Poets’ Poem-A-Day, the original daily digital poetry series.


No comments: