Monday, January 4, 2021

IWW Members' Publishing Successes


Pamelyn Casto

Muse-Pie Press announced their 2020 Pushcart Prize nominations and one of the nominations is Pandemic: A Community Poem. I was asked to be part of this project. Over 200 poets from around the world (from sixteen countries) offered one line to the poem.

My line is number 8: "The beast is born but we can't know its impenetrable meaning." Now, Muse-Pie Press has nominated the poem for a Pushcart. When I was asked to be part of the project, I was honored. When I saw the final result, the lines from over 200 poets, I was touched deeply. We are all in this together and we need to always remember that.

Aaron Troye-White

One of my recent works of satire,"Let Them Eat Steak" has found a home at The Short Humour Site. The editor, Brian, errs on the side of acceptance (either that or he really likes my stories). They don't pay, but this is a good place to send off your comedy pieces.

This particular story was written this summer, originally for the Practice group, so thanks to that group for helping me out.

Dave Gregory

For the first time, my short story "Olympia" is available online. This story was first told to me by my father and involves an underwater swimming contest. This piece was critiqued by the Fiction group in 2018 and became my first publication in an academic literary journal (print only).

It has now been republished in Fabula Agentea. They were easy to work with, let me read a proof prior to publication, responded in a few weeks, and publication came two months later. They also paid a few dollars.


No comments: