Monday, August 6, 2007

IWW Members in Print and Published

Lots of triumphs to report today, in just about every genre!


Peggy Duffy

An article, "Keeping an Eye on Real Estate--Buying a Foreclosure,"
has appeared in the South County (VA) Chronicle.


Peg Frey

Hi All!

I should have definitely left town earlier. Just received a note from
Kaleidoscope, a literary journal focused on disability issues,
indicating they're interested in publishing my CNF piece "Finding
the Other Side" in their January issue. This piece was read and
critiqued on the non-fiction board earlier this year. So thanks to
everyone [again] for the input.

Kaleidoscope, a biannual publication, is a paying market, up to
$125 per piece. Specific info on the journal, upcoming themes
and submission guidelines can be found here

But that's not all--Peg also reports this one:

I was just informed that my short fiction, "Swimming for Gina," has
been accepted for Kaleidowhirl's autumn issue. This is another piece
inspired and developed on the Practice board (yea, Practice!).
Thanks to everyone who commented on this shortie and made
suggestions.

Kaleidowhirl came to my attention through Peggy Duffy and Louisa
Howerow, past contributors. The online literary quarterly publishes
poetry and flash fiction (up to 1000 words). No compensation on
this one but the journal will link your website and/or list books and
chapbooks per author. They've published some very good people in
the past. For instance, Gwendolyn Joyce Mintz, whose work I've
admired in numerous online venues (along with Peggy D. and
Louisa H., of course!)

If you're interested, you can pop the site, guidelines and archives (I
always read the archives) here.

Thanks for the ongoing support!


Jennifer Gibbons

An essay I wrote about a classmate of mine, "From Ygnacio Valley
to the arm of a British earl," has been published in my local paper,
the Contra Costa (CA) Times.


Kathy Highcove

Hello fellow Critters! An article I wrote recently about the NASA
Explorer School Project partnership with a local magnet school has
been published in a nearby community newspaper, the North Valley
(CA) Community News.
I am currently writing another article for
the same pub.


Robert Hyers

I just wanted to say that I'll be leaving the fiction and nfiction lists
until about October. I'll be taking the GRE's end of Sept/beginning
of Octoberish, so I have to start studying. I just won't have time to
sub, crit, and take unpopular positions on the writing listserv :-)
Before I go, I just want to send out a few yahoos. I usually save
them until they're actually up, but these will hopefully be published
before I get back.

--"twilight" finally found a home at 3:AM Magazine. It should be
up any day now.

--"Divine Intervention" will be in the September issue of Khimairal
Ink.

--"Gangstas in the Basement" will be in the autumn issue of Locust
Magazine.


None of these credits would be possible without all the great crits I
received. Thank you! I will definitely be back!

Hmmm...now how the heck does geometry work again?.........what
does "jejune" mean?........


Laurel Lamperd

"Desert Veils," a poem published in Arabesques Magazine is here!


Mithran Somasundrum

A story of mine called "Asian Tigers," subbed to the Fiction list a
long time ago, has finally found a home in the Minnesota Review.
Thanks again everyone who critted it!

Minnesota Review is a print mag published twice a year by Carnegie
Mellon University. They seem to like fiction that touches on
political/social aspects.


Joanna Weston

Yahoo! A poem, 'Gloss,' in Paperplates.

_____________________

No comments: