Monday, October 8, 2007

IWW Members Published and in Print

Good crop of Yahoos this week--especially for people whose names
begin with "H." May the rest of us join them soon!


Norbert Brown

My story "Mrs. Michaels" has been accepted for the November issue
of Ann Hite's e-zine The Painted Door. Many thanks to all for the
input on it--the revisions I made based on your comments really
worked!


Susan Constable


A fair number of haiku journals are published at this time of year, and
I’ve been fortunate to appear in several of them. Since the beginning
of September, I’ve had haiku published in Wisteria, a lovely U.S.
chapbook, and in three on-line journals: Heron’s Nest (U.S.), Stylus
(Australia) and Shamrock (Ireland). On this last site, my poems are
a long way down . . . about three-quarters of the way to the bottom of
the page.)

I tied for second place in the Shiki Kukai Contest for September (free
format section) and received a decent mark for my haiga in the World
Haiku Association
Contest for September.

After being asked to submit my work to Poetic Portal, a Canadian
on-line journal, I was chosen as the featured poet for October . . . a
complete surprise. The write-up is half-way down this page, and my
selection of poems (most of which were workshopped over the past few
years on Poetry-W) begin here.

A special thank you to those on the Poetry List who continue to
encourage me and offer valuable critiques of my work. You know who
you are. :-)


Charles Hightower

I just received word that my entry for On The Premises was among 98
entries. Though my story was not selected as a winning entry, it was
among nine stories the judges felt "intrugued" enough about that
they'll be critiquing the piece and offering suggestions. For those of
you on Practice-w, this was a longer version of the police cadet
disguised as a fisherman.


Lynne Hinkey


Hi, All--

My short story "The Visit" has been accepted for publication in the
Winter Skyline magazine! An abbreviated version was first critted in
the Practice group a while back. Thanks everyone for all your help!


Ann Hite

I have another book review at Feminist Review. Check it out.


Kristen Howe

Hi everyone. Last month, I gave you a Yahoo on Quantum Leap for
my epode poem, "Too Late Too Soon," which will be featured in a
future issue, after I revised and resubmitted my poem. Last month, I
resubmitted my poem and heard from the editor today. He thanked me
for my letter and poem and said he's further in his planning and will
be using "Too Late Too Soon" in Quantum Leap #42, which will be
out at the end of May 2008. So that's good news around my 32nd
birthday. Who knows if I get pain in three silver sterling pounds
between now and then?

My poem, "Fennel" is now up on Blazevox. ("Night-time Blaze" and
"English Daisy" didn't make it, when I re-sent the poems to the editor,
and didn't reach me, perhaps due to email problems. So maybe the
winter issue they will be there.) It's on a PDF, so you have to scroll
down to page 171, which is towards the end of the
issue.


Mithran Somasundrum

A story of mine called "Under Sapparn Put" has been accepted by
Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine. It was subbed to the Fiction
list as "One Day Our Ship Will Come In." Thanks so much Mark,
Robert and Kristen for the crits--they were all good!

Hitchcock's share a website with Ellery Queen here.

The editor's very nice and encouraging. Response time was just under three
months.

-------------------------

No comments: