Thursday, November 15, 2007

Ten Novels and Counting


A special yahoo came from Bob Liter, who said "my tenth novel, FORK IN THE ROAD, recently was published by Renaissance E Books and is available at Fictionwise.com."

One of the IWW administrators asked Bob, "Where do you find inspiration for these stories?"

Bob replied, "Like most fiction writers, I am often asked to explain where I get my ideas.

"I don't remember what sparked the plots for my Nick Bancroft series. However, I do remember the origin of the idea for my most recent novel, FORK IN THE ROAD.

"It was a newspaper report about a guy who was arrested for plowing snow onto the driveway of a neighbor over some grievance or other. This struck me as humorous since it wasn't happening to me. Like so many others, I've sworn at the street crews who plow snow on our streets and leave a ridge of it across our drives.

"Why not write a short story about a small town where one of the citizens blocks the road commissioner's drive with snow? The characters I created weren't satisfied with their short-story lives, the town provided a background for more plot stuff and thus FORK IN THE ROAD evolved.

"It is my tenth novel published on the Internet and is available from Fictionwise.com."

1 comment:

Ruth L.~ said...

Prolific! Congratulations, Bob.