Monday, March 24, 2008

IWW Members Published and in Print

Not so many this week, but all of them are choice. Our members get
published even during Easter week!


Alice Folkart

My poem "Hawaiian Chicken (Not a Recipe)" has won Honorable
Mention in the Inter-Board Poetry Community monthly poetry
competition--a competition between many Internet boards that
host writing and poetry forums.

This link will take you there. Scroll down three or four, and there I
am. This is a pretty big honor for me. I've had many poems
nominated for consideration, but this is the first time I've come
even close.


Kathy Highcove

Hello group--

I have a restaurant review in a local publication, the Valley Scene
Magazine
. My article is in the Dining section with a photo of my
husband's Italian sandwich--panini, it's called.

There may be typos because I don't think editors edit anymore.


Sarah Morgan

My book review of At Large and At Small: Familiar Essays by Anne
Fadiman is up at the Internet Review of Books. I am in good
company this month; Julie McGuire and Norbert Brown are also
there, as well as the usual suspects. The IRB is a great cause and
their editors are terrific to work with. Go to the Web site and check
out all the wonderful books.


Randy Radic

My first memoir, published by a very small and very disorganized
publisher (but nevertheless, published!), is kind of available on
Barnes and Noble and Amazon. Seems there's a slight
transportation problem.

The title is The Sound of Meat. It's quite raw and graphic, so be
forewarned. Definitely rated XXX-- it's not for everyone.


Mona Vanek

This week's (March 20, 2008) Guest Editorial in The North Palouse Journal
featured my submission, "Emergency Action to Stroke or Heart Attack Survival."

Yahoo! It might save Lives! :)

No comments: