- A Cup of Comfort for Fathers
- Fathers submission deadline: August 1, 2008
- A Cup of Comfort for Parents of Special Needs
- Special Needs Children submission deadline: September 15, 2008
- A Second Cup of Comfort for Dog Lovers
- Dog Lovers 2 submission deadline: December 15, 2008
- A Cup of Comfort for the Grieving Heart
- Grieving Hearts submission deadline: February 1, 2009
- Basic Guidelines
All Cup of Comfort stories must be original; true; appropriate for mainstream Americans (adult, primarily women); inspiring, comforting, and/or uplifting; and 1,000 to 2,000 words. Creative nonfiction and narrative essays preferred (that is, incorporating such fictive elements as scene, dialogue, character/plot development, imagery, and literary word usage). Whether serious or humorous, the story should be authentic and engaging.
Electronic submissions preferred. One submission per email. Copy and paste (or type) into body of email. No formatting (no indents, centering, doublespace, bold, underline, etc.). Mailed submissions are acceptable. Standard typed manuscript (double-spaced, indents). Send as many submissions per envelope as you’d like, but include one SASE per submission. To: Colleen Sell, 71563 London Rd., Cottage Grove, Oregon, 97424, USA. Each submission must include: author’s full name, mailing address, email address, phone number, story title, story wordcount, and theme of volume for which it is being submitted (i.e., Grieving Hearts).