Monday, May 11, 2009

IWW Members' Publishing Successes

Internet Writing Workshop members continue to find publishing success in all venues. Congratulations to this week's crew!

Jody


Bill M. Barnes

My Memorial Day theme short story, "A Good Show for a Dime" appeared May 9 on American Chronicle.


Barry Basden

My poem, "Night Moves" is up at Flash Fire 500.


Bub Dalton

My story "Countdown" was published in Camroc Press on April 30.


Alice Folkart

A clutch of five 'domestic' poems (requested by the editor) is up at 7Beats. You'll have to scroll down past the 4th photo image (Roman columns) to find me. But, don't go too fast - there's some pretty nice other stuff. I'm in good company.

AND - In response to a call for submissions of memoir about mothers here in the Islands, I wrote and sent in a piece. The project is called My Mama Monologues. My piece was among about 20 selected from submissions from all over the world to be presented in a public (paid - but not to me) reading associated with Mother's Day. Readings are scheduled on Maui, Kawai'i and here on Oahu. The Maui readings, two performances, will be held this weekend. We'll be reading here on Oahu, in Honolulu, on the 15th and the 17th. Each production has a producer, a professional director and professional readers/actors. My piece will be read by the producer/director (an actor/writer) on Maui. Here on Oahu, I get to read it myself and also read the works of two other writers who couldn't get to Oahu for the event.

AND - am going to the book launch reception Wednesday evening of Rainbird, the annual literary journal of Windward Community College. I have two poems in that.

Flying high!


Tom Mahony

My story "Hippie Market" is up at Bartleby Snopes.


Judith Quaempts

My poem "Passage" appears in the May 4 issue of Camroc Press Review. I can't believe what good company I keep.


Randy Radic

My review of "Almost A Miracle" was accepted by Alvah's Books, and is posted. Many thanks to Rebeca.


Bob Sanchez

PODBRAM just published a review of "Getting Lucky," showing their nonpareil (ha!) literary taste.


Wayne Scheer

"Visiting Mama" is up at Long Story Short.


Rebeca Schiller

My book review for "American Wars: Illusions and Realities" appeared on the Political Affairs website.


Jack Shakely

I am delighted to tell you that my novel "The Confederate War Bonnet" has been selected as a semifinalist in the Historical/Military Fiction category of the 2009 Independent Publisher Book Awards (the IPPY Awards).


Trish Spanabel

I have been invited to read my Six Word Memoir on Love at a gala charity event in New York City. Out of 500 authors, six of us were picked and I am thrilled to be one of them.


S.L. Weis

My review of Eli Wiesel's most recent novel "A Mad Desire to Dance," is posted on Rebeca Schiller's review site, Alvah's Books. Thanks, Rebeca for giving me the opportunity to try my hand at reviewing.

No comments: