Monday, July 27, 2009

IWW Members' Publishing Successes

Internet Writing Workshop members continue to find publishing success in all venues. Congratulations to this week's crew!

Jody
------------------

Barry Basden

Callused Hands has published "Morning Walk" and reprinted a slightly different version of "Retirement Haven."

You'll have to scroll or read your way down to them.


Amanda Borenstadt

My short is up on Postcard Shorts.


Fennel

I have two book reviews to report: "Liv's Struggle" by Dorris Jean, up at Long and Short Reviews, and "Love Heals all Pain" by Melissa Miller, also at Long and Short Reviews.


Ann Hite

Here's one of my many reviews, "Emily's Ghost: A Novel of the Brontë Sisters" by Denise Giardiana, out this month on Feminist Review. "Emily's Ghost" was wonderful. Check it out.


Rebecca Kellogg

My latest article for Action Online is up on the home page now. Thanks to all who offered feedback!


Tom Mahony

My short essay, "Gentleman's Pot Farm," is up at LabLit.


Randy Radic

My review of "Ferryman" by Carole Sutton is up at Alvah's Books. Thanks to Carole Sutton for the book and Rebeca for the opportunity.


Loretta Russell

My latest article is up at Food for Thought: a news café.

The people brought the health care protest local (only 45 minutes away from me) and despite the 105 temperature, the (I'm guessing) mile walk to the California congressman’s office and it being a Thursday afternoon, a lot of people from this area showed up. Rowan O’Connell-Barger, who is also referenced as a contributor, took the photo of the women from the Women’s Specialties clinic, but the rest was my work.

After making some changes to localize it, I also sent the piece to a weekly paper in Burney (same distance away in the opposite direction) and the publishers said they will not only run it, but offered me a stringer position. They also ran photos of the last protest in the state capitol.

The reason I tell all this is that there 'are' opportunities out there for web and print (which are hurting) newspapers. I’m not in it for the money, but to rebuild my writing/journalism résumé. This group has helped me a lot to relearn the concise writing needed, so thank you to all!


Carole Sutton

If you want to see a superb review of "Ferryman" with a very interesting and innovative perspective, take a look at our very own Randy Radic's review for Alvah's Books.

Many thanks to Randy, and to Rebeca for her site. Have fun!


Mona Leeson Vanek

My stories on the Rockford, WA, Horizons Community Blog for July 15th, 21st and 24th:



Joanna M. Weston

What a way to come back from holiday! Four poems up at 7beats! Scroll way way down. Many thanks to the poets:-)

No comments: