Monday, August 31, 2009

IWW Members' Publishing Successes

Internet Writing Workshop members continue to find publishing success in all venues. Congratulations to this week's crew!

Jody
------------------

Barry Basden

I feel honored to be included in Issue No. 3 of Eat Your Words, Heidi Kenyon's exquisite new journal on food and its importance.

Somehow, she found the perfect illustration for my flash fiction piece, "Stalingrad, Summer of '42."

Please read your way down to it. There are some superb entries.


Stacey Dye

My poem "The Love Letter" is featured in this week's Here and Now. Thanks so much to the poetry group for helping me with it. Although I've managed to revise it yet again since I submitted it to Allen (thanks to your critique and support), it apparently is still in good form. Whew!

Thanks again to you all.


Jonjo

My short story "Precious Treasures" is up at Long and Short Review.


Heidi Kenyon

I have three new poems up at Here and Now. My poems are about 1/3 of the way down the page.


Chandra S.

After joining IWW, I have my first published article, "How to Keep the Car Clean," up on Associated Content. Though very tiny, it means a lot to me.


Anita Saran

The more I work for Suite101, the more I discover how tough it is for writers to break into it. So I'm glad I have. Thanks to the nfiction list, my "Poisons in Meat" (Now "Toxins in Animal Products") is finally revised and up.

Also up on Suite101 is my travel article, "Hampi - South India's Finest Holiday Destination," which already has been picked up by trigea.com (in bound link).

Another Suite101 article up is "Direct Response Writing." I have even managed to sneak in a photo of my David Ogilvy Award. Just hope the editor doesn't ask me to remove it!

Do take a look.


Wayne Scheer

"Look Out, Kid," my tribute to Bob Dylan--like he needs a tribute from me--is up at Camroc Press Review. I wrote it a while back for some contest I didn't win. The good folks at Fiction critiqued it, but blame for me not winning the competition rests solely on the shoulders of the contest editors. We all know what editors are like, don't we?

I subbed a story to IWW's own Amber Vilate for her Young Adult Literature Review site and she had her youngest brother, who is in the eight grade, record it. He did a fine job.

An old story of mine, "The Chimes Legacy," will be reprinted in Joyful! This story was critiqued in Fiction a while back.


Joanna M. Weston

My poem, "The Turn of August," written a couple of years ago and critted by the Poetry List, is now on a poster distributed across Canada by Dianne Reid of Scarborough, Ontario. She is dedicated to spreading the word about poetry. One amazing lady!

This is a delayed Yahoo: my review of Gary Hyland's "You" is up at PoetryReviews.ca. This book fascinated me, still does in fact.

Two poems, "The hot summer" and "The portrait," are up at Wizards of the Wind. Scroll down the right-hand side.

"The Portrait" was written as part of the ekphrastic challenge on the Poetry list a couple of years ago. Many thanks to the poets!

No comments: