Monday, September 7, 2009

IWW Members' Publishing Successes

Internet Writing Workshop members continue to find publishing success in all venues.

Congratulations to this week's crew!

Jody
------------------

Barry Basden

My poem, "There Was a Time," is in Issue #5 of Gutter Eloquence Magazine.

They have a warning on their home page that says you ought to be 18 years old to enter. So, no matter your age, if adult content disturbs you....


Mel Jacob

Only three reviews this month, but a slew coming for October.

Up at SFRevu:

"The Quiet War" by Paul J. McAuley, Pyr Paperback, ISBN/ITEM#: 9781591027812

Up at Gumshoe Review:

"Dead to Rights" by J. A. Jance, Harper Mass Market Paperback, ISBN/ITEM#: 9780061774799

"Makeovers Can Be Murder: A Fat City Mystery" by Kathryn Lilley, Signet Paperback, ISBN/ITEM#: 9780451228260


Kathleen Jordan

My flash memoir piece, "The Passing," that was accepted a couple of months ago is now up at The Shine Journal.

Thanks again to the Nfiction and Novels list for their help.


Tom Mahony

My short nonfiction piece, "Shiny Plants" is up at LabLit.


Randy Radic

My review of "Prophecy of Power" is up at Alvah's Books. Thanks to Rebeca for the book and the opportunity.

My review of "Nothing Is Strange With You" is up at Alvah's Books. Thanks to the author for the book and to Rebeca for the opportunity.

After it appeared at Alvah's Books, "Nothing Is Strange With You" was also picked up by Basil and Spice and is now up. Basil and Spice asked for a small change, which I made.

Thanks to Rebeca for permission and for the opportunity.


Anita Saran

My article "Foreshadowing in the Short Story" is up at Suite101.

Also up at Suite101 is "How to Begin and End a Short Story."

Both were critted by the good folks on nfiction. Thanks!

And my new piece, "Free Marketing Tips from Drayton Bird" -- incorporating the famous Drayton Bird's notes -- is now up at Suite101.

According to David Ogilvy, "Drayton Bird knows more about direct marketing than anyone in the world."

As international Vice-Chairman and Creative Director, Drayton Bird helped O & M Direct become the world's largest direct marketing agency network. He's permitted me to use his stuff, which, by the way, is available nowhere else.

For those of you who wonder what night life in Bangalore is like, here's a pretty funny piece up on Associated Content, which asks: "Do women in Bangalore turn into pumpkins and bag ladies at the stroke of midnight?" Oh, yes; at one time I was known as the Wild Child of Bangalore.


Wayne Scheer

"Doing Penance" is up at Diverse Voices Quarterly. The site is a bit awkward to navigate, but if I figured out how to read my story beginning on page 32, I suspect anyone can. The story was critiqued at Fiction, so a big thanks goes to Fiction critters.


Mona Leeson Vanek

Although I never ever planned to do this, I now have a business with an online link.

The reason I took this leap is that I'm no longer a blogger at Rockford community's Horizons blog, because currently all posts must go through only one Rockford person (a candidate for mayor) and I consider that a form of censorship. My viewpoint was unacceptable to her and to WSU's Horizons coach so he had me removed.

I've notified the town's officials that the blog that uses the town's name and scrolls Horizons' headlines prominently on all of their web pages is restrictive. I suggested it be replaced by an official Rockford City Hall blog, and that Horizons be moved to the Organizations page with all the rest of the community groups.

No comments: